bbPress sends few types of email notifications, and each one has filters to allow modification to the subject and content of the email.
Filters for email notifications
bbPress sends email notification to forum subscribers about new topics, and to topic subscribers about new replies.
Forum Subscribers Notification Filters
- Subject filter: bbp_forum_subscription_mail_title
with arguments: $subject, $topic_id, $forum_id
- Content filter: bbp_forum_subscription_mail_message
with arguments: $content, $topic_id, $forum_id
Topic Subscribers Notification Filters
- Subject filter: bbp_subscription_mail_title
with arguments: $subject, $reply_id, $topic_id
- Content filter: bbp_subscription_mail_message
with arguments: $content, $reply_id, $topic_id
Using a plugin
If you don’t want to add custom code, you might wanna consider one of the plugins that can do this:
- GD bbPress Toolbox Pro – this plugin has options to override default bbPress notifications and change content with support for the custom tags representing different elements of the email message. Plugin adds more email notifications.